Saturday, 17 September 2016

Day 32: Teaching Online

Image Sourced from the British Council
Every product or service has a life cycle and if you don't evolve and change, you may find yourself left behind  - or so I was told during my Business degree all those years ago. I have been teaching physically for over 10 years now but I believe that the future of English language teaching and other forms of education is to be online. Most courses now are delivered online to some extent. You don't have to physically be present in the classroom with much of the technology which is available today.

Today, I had my first day of online English teaching with a few Chinese students. This is something that I will focus on during weekends and to establish myself as an online English teacher. You don't need any sophisticated software. You just need a computer, a webcam, microphone and Skype.

So why not try out online English teaching and see how you get on? In a future daily blog post or on ELT Experiences, I will share some ideas and thoughts on how best to teach English online and what free tools are available to help you. Check out this website to see how you too can get started teaching. Let me know how you get on!

1 comment:

  1. I am an esl teacher. How can I start?
    Voa202015@gmail. Com

    ReplyDelete